Gazpacho, yes please!
If you have muscle cramps and swelling, headaches, or other aches and pains, it could very well be that you’re dehydrated from your body trying to stay cool in this temperature. Sometimes it’s hard to get in the recommended six to eight glasses of water per day. But it’s easy to stay hydrated when you select foods at your meals that are high in water content. Cucumber, another main ingredient in gazpacho, is perfect for hydration as it’s full of water content. Essentially, it’s hydration you can eat!
10 ripe tomatoes, chopped
3 English cucumbers, diced
1 large red onion, diced
1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
3 red peppers, seeded and chopped
4 T. red wine vinegar
2 T. of olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup cilantro chopped
2 limes sliced
1 avocado diced
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, Tabasco sauce and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth.
2. Place all of the cucumbers except ½ cup cucumbers into the blender and process until smooth.
3. Add vinegar and oil and quick process until mixed.
4. Place the mixture in a serving bowl, and stir thoroughly.
5. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or until serving time.
6. Remove from refrigerator and uncover.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Place gazpacho into serving dishes.
9. Garnish with remaining cucumbers and cilantro and a piece of lime and 1 t. of avocado.